Fort Wayne Community Schools - Repair FWCS
REPAIR FWCS Overview
Maintaining the buildings in Fort Wayne Community Schools is an important component of meeting the district’s goals. Academics are supported by suitable buildings; FWCS buildings are strong anchors in neighborhoods and serve families throughout the community; and being fiscally responsible requires these assets be maintained. Our children deserve well-maintained facilities that meet today’s educational needs, including electrical systems that can handle 21st Century technology, climate-controlled buildings that are more energy efficient and modern classroom space with better lighting and adequate storage. This page will serve as a resource to learn more about FWCS’ buildings and the plan to take care of them for future generations. Check back often, and let us know if you have questions or comments.
As always, we continue to say THANK YOU FORT WAYNE for the opportunity to improve our buildings to a level of modern standards and provide better learning environments for our students and staff!
Industry Information / Bid Timelines
- 08-08-2016: Nebraska Design Contract
- 08-22-2016: Glenwood and St. Joe Center Design Contracts
- 09-12-2016: Windows Replacements Design Contract
- 12-16-2016: GC Contract Award - Nebraska
- 12-16-2016: Contract Award - 2016 Guaranteed Energy Savings
- 01-24-2017: GC Contract Award - 2017 Roof Replacements
- 02-13-2017: GC Contract Award - Washington Elementary Window Replacements and Masonry Restoration
- 02-13-2017: GC Contract Award - Northcrest Elementary Window Replacements and Masonry Restoration
- 02-13-2017: RFP Award - 2017 Terrazzo Repairs and Refinishing
Notice to Bidders
Upcoming Milestone Dates
- February 21, 2017 - Holland Pedestrian Truss Painting Bids Due
- February 22, 2017 – St. Joseph Central Elementary Renovation Project Bids Due
- February 27, 2017 – Northrop HS Design Contract Award
- February 27, 2017 - Glenwood Park Construction Contract Award
- March 14, 2017 - Northrop Stadium Waterproofing Project Bids Due
Darren Hess, Director of Facilities - email@example.com
Heather Krebs, Coordinator of Program Controls - firstname.lastname@example.org
Zach Evans, Coordinator of Capital Projects - email@example.com
Kevin Grady, Coordinator of Capital Projects - firstname.lastname@example.org
Josh Summers, Coordinator of Capital Projects - email@example.com
Jayde Steffen, Coordinator of Physical Plant Improvements - firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Smethers, Coordinator Energy Management - email@example.com
Sarah Smothermon, Secretary - firstname.lastname@example.org
Building on the successes of the Phase 1 School Basic Renewal/Restoration and Safety Projects, needs-only building renovation plan (REPAIR FWCS), REPAIR Phase 2 was resoundingly approved by voters in May of 2016. This second phase of renovations includes major renovations at another 10 school buildings, the addition of air conditioning at 16 school buildings, security improvements at 33 buildings, window replacements at 2 buildings, partial roof replacements at 4 buildings, and parent pick-up lane improvements at 5 buildings. At the completion of this phase of the program, ALL 51 of the FWCS school buildings will be air conditioned.
In order to maintain the tax rate at or below the level established in Phase 1 of the program, the Phase 2 work will be rolled out as debt is retired from previous bond-funded work (North Side HS and Food Service Facility projects that were completed in 2005). The Phase 2 projects are anticipated to be completed in 6-8 years.