Ceremony Schedule 2017
Graduates must be at the Coliseum 1 hour before the beginning of their Commencement Ceremony. Graduates are expected to dress appropriately, including following the dress codes set by some schools.
Friday, June 9
South Side High School - 6 p.m., Expo Center
Northrop High School - 7:30 p.m., Arena
Saturday, June 10
Snider High School - 10 a.m., Arena
Wayne High School - Noon, Expo Center
North Side High School - 1:30 p.m., Arena
Allen County War Memorial Coliseum
All Commencement Ceremonies take place at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum
Preparing for the Ceremony
- Remember to bring $5 for parking at the Coliseum.
- Graduates should give all personal items (purses, bags, keys, etc.) to a friend or family member to hold during the ceremony.
- Check your gown for proper fit when you receive it.
- Lightly steam your gown, let your gown hang for several days or place your gown with a damp towel in a dryer on low heat to eliminate wrinkles. Do not iron your gown as it may burn.
- Get dressed for the ceremony at home. There are no dressing rooms at the Coliseum.
- Tassels are worn on the right at the beginning of the ceremony.
Practice Schedule 2017
Students are required to participate in the Commencement Ceremony Practice at the Memorial Coliseum.
Thursday, June 8
Snider High School - 10 a.m.-noon, Arena
Wayne High School - Noon-2 p.m., Expo Center
Friday, June 9
North Side High School – 9-11 a.m., Arena
South Side High School – 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Expo Center
Northrop High School – 1-3 p.m., Arena
Commencement Ceremony Protocol
Protocol set for commencements are designed to established dignified ceremonies celebrating the students.
- Those entering graduation must have a ticket. Tickets were issued to students at each school to share with family and friends. If you need additional tickets, please contact your student's school.
- Those arriving late to a graduation ceremony will be allowed into the ceremony but will be directed to the back seating section of the Memorial Coliseum Arena or Expo Center.
- No one will be allowed to enter the area where the graduates are seated once the ceremony has started.
- Graduates will receive diploma covers during the ceremony. Actual diplomas will be picked up backstage after the ceremony.
- Graduates may not throw their caps during the ceremony.
- Professional photographers will take pictures of the graduates during the ceremony.
- Guests are not to leave the seating area to come to the floor for any reason, including taking photographs.
- All school rules apply during the ceremony.
- Graduates are allowed to wear cords, stoles and other items purchased and issued by school administration. The only exception will be cords issued by the United State Military.
- Dress Military uniforms are allowed with prior approval from the Principal.